The 2017 Waipa Networks Business Awards launched with a cocktail event in May at the home of the awards’ venue partner, New Zealand National Fieldays Society, Mystery Creek Events Centre headquarters.
Many potential entrants, nominees, sponsors and previous entrants attended the launch of the awards which Waipa Networks has again committed to supporting as principal sponsor.
“Waipa Networks’ vision is to be recognised in our community as a leader in life-improving energy services and solutions. A key part of that leadership is to help other businesses in our community to realise their goals and be recognised for their achievements. The Waipa Business Awards is a highly regarded catalyst among the local business community and Waipa Networks is proud to have been principal sponsor for more than a decade. The wide range of categories in the awards means there is something for everyone and we encourage local businesses to enter this year’s awards”, says Adam Fletcher, chief executive of Waipa Networks.
The awards are an impressive tool for businesses to build a profile, benchmark progress, extend capability and grow. Waikato University Management School provide a highly qualified, independent, robust and objective judging platform complemented by a judges’ visit for all Excellence categories.
The categories are as follows:
• Excellence in Business (Sole Trader, New and Emerging, Small, Medium & Large), incorporating Excellence in Sustainability & Community Contribution and Excellence in Digital Strategy
• Best Customer Service (Cambridge, Te Awamutu & Raglan)
• Customer’s Choice (Cambridge, Te Awamutu & Raglan)
• Employee of the Year (Cambridge & Te Awamutu)
• Special Services to Business and
• Emerging Leader of the Year